Hormones play a vital role in our body functions. So, when your hormones fall out of balance, it can lead to a wide range of problems. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) can restore natural balance and alleviate unwanted symptoms. Today, Dr. Steven Zivich will take a look at some of the most common causes of hormone imbalance and how BHRT can help. Contact the team at Boston Direct Health to schedule a health assessment and learn how hormone treatment works. We are your trusted source for BHRT if you live near Boston, Back Bay, Cambridge, or Somerville, MA.
What causes hormone changes?
Hormones affect all kinds of different body functions, from fat storage to energy levels. They even influence your mood and appetite. So, it’s no wonder that a hormone imbalance can affect many different areas of your life. There are a few major causes of hormone changes, including:
- Menopause: Women are especially susceptible to hormone changes during menopause. A decrease in estrogen levels can cause hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, and vaginal dryness. Menopause can also lead to conditions like osteoporosis.
- Thyroid disorders: Sometimes, the thyroid gland fails to produce enough hormones, leading to hypothyroidism. Hyperthyroidism occurs when thyroid glands produce too many hormones. Both can lead to unwanted symptoms that impact your day-to-day life.
- Stress: Stress causes the body to produce cortisol to help you adapt. However, consistently high levels of cortisol lead to a laundry list of health problems for patients, from weight gain to muscle weakness, fatigue, and irritability.
- Eating disorders: When you have an eating disorder, your body goes through a series of hormonal changes in response to malnutrition. This can cause issues with fertility and menstruation, slow down the metabolism, and disrupt sleep patterns.
What are the benefits of BHRT?
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy works by replacing the missing hormones to balance out your body systems. This treatment provided by Boston Direct Health provides a host of benefits for patients in Boston. For instance, BHRT can help with the following:
- Relief from menopause symptoms, including hot flashes and night sweats
- Improve energy levels and sleep quality
- Better focus, concentration, and memory retention
How do you create my treatment plan?
At Boston Direct Health in Boston, MA, we believe that no two people are alike. That’s why Dr. Zivich creates a custom hormone replacement plan to meet your needs. We begin by performing a comprehensive case review, where we discuss your medical history, medications, diet, and daily routines. Lab testing will help us understand your current hormone levels. Hormones may be administered through oral medications or injections based on your unique case. As we continue treatment over the following weeks and months, we will monitor your health and prescribe adjustments based on your symptoms and test results. Our staff works closely with you from start to finish to make sure you receive the best possible care.
Rebalance your body and health
Hormone imbalances can be a real pain and disrupt your daily activities, but you don’t have to suffer. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help get your body back into balance. To learn more about how BHRT works, call Boston Direct Health today and meet with board-certified physician Dr. Steven Zivich. Our goal is to keep you healthy and feeling your best in Boston, Back Bay, Cambridge, or Somerville, MA.