Psoriasis affects roughly 8 million people in the United States. This skin condition, in which skin cells build up to form a scaly rash and itchy, dry patches of skin, can be difficult to treat on your own. Luckily, there’s rejuvenation waiting for you at Boston Direct Health.
Our non-surgical aesthetic treatments are designed to address the unique needs of our patients, offering a customized and effective approach to managing symptoms.
Whether you’re dealing with persistent redness, flakiness, or discomfort, our expert team is dedicated to providing solutions that go beyond conventional skincare. Let us be your partner in the journey towards soothing, clearer skin and renewed confidence. Schedule your free consultation today!
How does Boston Direct Health treat psoriasis?
ADVATx® Quick Facts:
- This yellow and infrared laser treatment has shown promise in effectively reducing psoriasis symptoms by targeting the underlying causes of inflammation and abnormal skin cell turnover.
- ADVATx® treatments deliver specific wavelengths of light that penetrate the skin, modulating the immune response and reducing inflammation.
- The yellow and infrared wavelengths penetrate deep into the dermal layers, promoting cellular regeneration and encouraging a more normal skin cell turnover rate.
- This targeted approach helps alleviate redness, scaling, and discomfort associated with psoriasis lesions.
- Although ADVATx® provides the benefits listed above, it is not a cure for psoriasis.
What causes psoriasis?
While the exact cause of psoriasis remains complex and multifaceted, it is generally understood to involve a combination of genetic and environmental factors:
- Genetic predisposition plays a significant role, as individuals with a family history of psoriasis are more susceptible.
- Certain immune system irregularities also contribute, causing the immune system to mistakenly attack healthy skin cells.
- Triggers such as stress, infections, or injuries can exacerbate the symptoms, initiating or worsening flare-ups.
- Additionally, lifestyle factors like smoking, obesity, and excessive alcohol consumption may increase the risk and severity of this condition.
Schedule a free consultation in Boston
Ready to reduce and control the symptoms associated with psoriasis? It all starts with a free consultation at Boston Direct Health. Our expert team has the knowledge, expertise, and technology to help you feel like yourself again. Call at 617-304-1965 or fill out the form below to contact us.